Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fare-thee-well to Eye On the Air

Regretfully, Eye on the Air, the radio complement to the Middletown Eye, will not be found on the air Fridays at WESU-FM for the forseeable future.

While I thoroughly enjoyed my time on the air, and meeting the people I interviewed for the show, I found that the preparation was exhausting, and time-consuming.  With everything else I do, I was neither able to give it my full attention, nor feel that I was totally prepared each week.  And my hope of finding co-broadcasters just didn't pan out.  In the end, Eye on the Air was suffering, and other things were getting short shrift as I attempted to locate guests, schedule interviews and do the pre-recording for shows I couldn't handle live.

The audience for Eye on the Air was small, but dedicated, and I thank you for listening.

I have spoken with the WESU management, and there is some hope that Eye on the Air may be resurrected with additional hosts, and/or in a slightly altered format, but for now,  it's officially on an indeterminate hiatus.

Keep listening to WESU.  It's a great station, and a community asset.

4 comments:

Rick said...

Bummer! My Friday's won't be the same. Well Done Ed!

Anthony Pioppi said...

Ed:

Thanks for what you did for the community via the airwaves. The show will be missed.

deb K said...

Ed,

Fabulous job! I appreciate your 'EYE" on the pulse of the community.
Deb K

Cathy said...

A hero's quest, Ed, that's been thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated. Thank you for that contribution to the culture and body of knowledge of this community. Just know you are valued and appreciated.