- Help decode the media with them: a great example using the Jersey Shore can be found on our blog.
- Stress that it’s not okay to just “drop” or gossip about a friend
- Making sure children are connecting with people in person and not just through the computer/cell (texting).
- Treat others (including your children) the way you would like to see them treat others.
- Encourage youth to get involved in activities that may draw out interpersonal skills (such as volunteering at the local food pantry or joining a team. Or joining a shovel team!
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." -Muhammad Ali