Saturday, August 21, 2010

Motorcycle Accident on Highland Ave.

From the Middletown Police Department

On Friday, August 20, 2010 at approximately 10:50 P.M., a motorcycle collision occurred on Highland Avenue in the area of Stevens Lane.  

The preliminary investigation indicates that a 2002 Suzuki GSX R750 motorcycle, operated by, Mr. Armand Gore, age: 24, of Middletown, was traveling in a southerly direction on Highland Avenue.  Mr. Gore failed to negotiate the curb, and subsequently lost control of the motorcycle. The motorcycle traveled off the west side of the road, and the operator reported that he jumped from the motorcycle to avoid serious injury.  

As a result of the collision, Mr. Gore was transported by LIFESTAR Air Medical Helicopter to Hartford Hospital and is listed in stable condition. 

Witnesses to the collision are asked to contact Officer Doug Clark of the Middletown Police Department’s Traffic Unit (860) 344-3288.
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does one "negotiate a curb?"

Anonymous said...

Anonymous asks, How does one "negotiate a curb?" The answer is the very unsafe High street where the curbs are curved. This done to make the road safer but as a cyclist it is the most dangerous street in town next to Main Street.

Anonymous said...

He meant to write "curve," That section of Highland Ave has not been modified, and the safest place for a bicycle is on the sidewalk.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous at 9:59,

It's not dangerous at all at the posted 25mph.

Anonymous at 10:59,

Bicycles are supposed be in the road. Sidewalks are for pedestrians. Bikes on sidewalks make them dangerous for pedestrians.

Anonymous said...

The accident was on Highland, not High.

Anonymous said...

It was a motercycle not a bicycle
duh!

Anonymous said...

I know this is off topic, but if I were on a bike, I'd rather worry about me hitting a pedestrian, which I can control. What I can't control is me getting hit by a car, truck or bus while riding my bike.

martel said...

I know this is also off topic, but if I were a pedestrian, I'd rather worry about me hitting a mailbox, which I can control. What I can't control is me getting hit by a bicycle illegally riding on the sidewalk while I am trying to legally walk there.