Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Local Man Wins Tutorial At Beer Camp

Local man, that's me.

I just found out that I was selected, along with 10 other non-Californians to attend the annual Beer Camp at the Sierra Nevada brewery in Chico California.

My entry, a parody of a parody (Hello, Muddah, Hello Faddah), was selected along with 20 other entrants (of about 85) for its originality and creativity.

As I'm finding through emails with my fellow campers, I am only partially the beer scholar that many of them are. More to learn, I suppose. Winning the competition allows me expenses to travel to Chico California (in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada of course), and to spend two days at the brewery learning the secrets of brewing from Sierra Nevada's master brewers, and to brew a unique, camp-only brew with my fellow campers.

My fellow campers are from US cities scattered across the map (I've received emails from Oregon, Ohio and Long Island, so far).

Needless to say, I'll be reporting on my excursion in September.

3 comments:

Barry said...

AWESOME! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Ed,

Are there no end end to your talents? Fantastic job and congrats!! Loved it!

Deb K and Tom

Anonymous said...

Will you be bringing back samples of your made-on- location brew? I'm sure that the late Alan Sherman would have a good laugh at your parody of his long ago top 40 rap.