Friday, July 31, 2009

Coffeehouse Studio Celebrates 20 Years on Main Street


You might never have noticed that there's a professional audio recording studio on Main Street in Middletown, but just down an alley at 510 Main Street, Michael Arafeh has been recording music and voice for two decades. Here's a note from Michael:

Just a quick note to mention that this Saturday, August 1st, marks twenty one years to the day that I have been in business as a music recording studio here in Middletown. Nineteen of those years have been at my present North End location.

As I enter my twentieth year on Main Street, I would like to say that I am very proud to be a part of our Middletown community and especially our arts community. To mark the occasion, I will be having an open-house celebration at my studio on Sunday, September 13th, from Noon to 8pm. Please make a note to stop by and say hi, meet some great music artists, and share a few stories and toasts. It will also be a good opportunity to see the studio if you have never visited before. I will be sending out a note the week before the open house as a reminder.

I have been preparing a complete list of all the groups and artists that have recorded at The Coffeehouse over the years, as well as a “101 fun facts about The Coffeehouse” fact sheet. I have also been scanning an assortment of album covers of many of the published projects to emerge from the studio. It has brought back a lot of memories, and it will be fun to share with everyone. I hope to see you there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

20 Years! Keep up the great work Mike, see you soon.

N3wt0n3

Anonymous said...

Ironic that one of Main Street's oldest tenants is one of the least known, if not THE least known. I suggest visiting the Coffee House and supporting a business that supports Middletown and helps make it the unique place that it is.

Anonymous said...

Michael Arafeh a dedicated yet humble individual, one cannot say enough about this gentleman.
Mike's dedication and love of music and the Arts goes back many years prior to even opening his studio, He is one of the most giving and pleasant persons one can encounter.
May your persisitance to continue to share your talents with the residents of Middletown be recognized by the City leaders and bring some good fortune your way, and may the Walkens live on!!!!!!!!
Best Wishes to many more years of success Mike.

EL said...

Mike is excellent! I have recorded in his studio many times and the results are always outstanding. Mike is an excellent musician as well and a great person.

Congratulations on 20 years of excellent recording and engineering!

EL
Bay Island Records

Lucy Guiliano said...

Congratulations Mike!