Coverage in the media is here:
Here are the 11 that they rejected, the army determined that either they would be unable to build the facilities on budget and on time, or there were simply not enough buildable acres:
- CL&P (River Road)
- Aircraft Road
- Middle and Bell (Manthay property)
- Roscommon Office Park
- Country Club Road (on Mt. Higby)
- Middle Street (Delta site)
- Atkins (golf course)
- Freeman Road
- Saybrook Road
- Tollgate Road
- Pratt and Whitney
- Boardman Lane with access from Ken Dooley Drive
- Bysiewicz Office Park (Middle Street, opposite Smith Street)
- Cucia Park (Smith Street, opposite Industrial Park Road)
- Mile Lane (the current army facility)
- Share your opinion with the army! The army has set up a web site where comments will be posted. All comments posted before September 29th will be part of the site selection report that the Corps will send to the Army Reserve.
TO SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS, GO HERE: http://lrlcoepao.wordpress.
- Express your thanks to Dodd, Lieberman, DeLauro, and Rell for sending staff members. Express to them any concerns or opinions you have about how the army is proceeding. Our federal officials have the most power over the army. All of their contact information is on the WRA web site (http://wramiddletown.org/
- There will be another meeting in 2 weeks, around September 29th.