- Workshop, Plan of Development (AVAILABLE HERE)
Council has a very full agenda (AVAILABLE HERE). Here are the highlights:
- Vote on Bond Ordinance
The Council will vote on whether to grant a request by Water and Sewer for an Ordinance appropriating $4.5 million for the following improvements: 1) Westfield service area water pressure enhancement, 2)Route 66 Water and Sewer installation, 3)Well field planning, and 4)Equipment and material purchase.
- 11-1 Resolution. Approving the $4,500,000 Water and Sewer Bond Ordinance referendum question, approved at this meeting and to be submitted to the electors at the November 4, 2008 General Election.
- 11-2 Resolution. Approving closing the Council’s investigation regarding the Middletown Police Department.
- 11-6 Resolution. Approving the Parking and Traffic Study prepared by VHB, Inc (AVAILABLE HERE), and taking a number of steps to implement its recommendations.
- 11-7 Resolution. Approving the Middletown Base Realignment and Closure Local Redevelopment Authority Reuse Plan for 499 Mile Lane. This plan (AVAILABLE HERE) is to create a public safety facility that will include a new fire station, a regional fire training school, a regional animal shelter, and operations dispatch center. If the plan is approved on Tuesday, the city would then submit an application to the Army Corps of Engineers for the Army to give the Mile Lane land to the city at no cost. The Army approval would be after their decision on what land to use for the new military training facility.
There will be a public hearing on two applications
- Application for grading and drainage improvements in the southern portion of 1153 Newfield Street.
- Application to fill 1,927 sq. ft. of wetlands and to work within the 100’ upland review area to construct a 10,036 sq. ft. church and required infrastructure to be located at 693 Saybrook Road.
Thursday, September 4th, 5:30 PM Zoning Board Of Appeals Meeting
There will be a public hearing on one application:
- Proposed variance to Section 40.03.05 with regard to the driveway width located in the TD zone at 13 West Silver Street.
Monday, September 8th, 6:30 PM Economic Development Commission Meeting