Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Sunday walk through Wes




There's an old management style that always seemed practical to me - management by walking around.

On a slow news day, the same principal would seem to take root. Walk around until you find a story. One thing I've always loved about where I live is the proximity to a cultural and educational institution like Wesleyan.

On the Washington Terrace green, I met second semester Wes sophomore Matthew Larkin who was completing a line drawing assignment for his drawing class.

"The hardest thing for me is to draw what I see, and not what I know," he explained.

Just down the street, a Sunday afternoon concert of classical music, "Songs of Love and Loss" at the Russell House.

And a bit further into campus, the first home football game, against Hamilton, was taking place (as I walked away, Wesleyan was down by 10 in the fourth quarter).

In addition, I picked up a print copy of the Argus, with a strongly-worded editorial excoriating students for not being involved in the town's ongoing discussions with the Army Corps of Engineers on the siting of an Army Reserve Training Center here.

No comments: