Welcome new Wesleyan students!
Tuesday, all over town
Dazed and confused 18 year olds, accompanied by wistful parents, descend on our city. The former will begin their transformation into confident Middletown residents, the latter will head back home with tears of relief and sadness in their eyes.
There are two public meetings this week. Both are about land use in Middletown, and both are happening on Wednesday at 7:00 PM. The P&Z meeting has been scheduled for months, and includes a public hearing that could not be rescheduled on short notice. Thus, the Planning and Zoning elected commissioners and the Planning and Zoning city staff will not be able to attend the Army hearing.
Planning and Zoning Commission
Wednesday, August 27, 2008- 7:00pm - Council Chambers
- Public Hearing- Proposed four (4) lot resubdivision of the property of Stephen G. and Barbara Borrelli located on Fairchild Road at the end of the cul-de-sac and adjacent to the Cavalry Cemetery to be known as Borrelli Acres.
- Public Hearing- Proposed Special Exception to construct fifteen (15) multi-family dwellings on the east side of Jackson Street adjacent to Newfield Street (Rt. 3) to be known as Acheson Woods II.
- Request for reduction of the cash bond for the Arbutus Estates Subdivision located at 1111 Arbutus Street.
- Request for reduction of the cash bond for the Liberty Hill Subdivision located off Plumb Road.
- Request for G.S. 8-24 Review for the purchase of 131 and 155 Wadsworth Street by the city from the State of CT Department of Children and Families.
Armed Forces Reserve Training Facility
Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 7:00
Mercy High School Auditorium, 1740 Randolph Road
This meeting will be moderated by State Legislator Ray Kalinowski. It will be a public hearing, members of the public are invited to speak regarding the proposed training facility.