Tuesday, November 4, 2008

MHS Voting Update and more

As of 1:45 p.m, voter turnout continues to be moderate to heavy. The machine that collects the ballots broke down and was quickly replaced (spare machines are there for just that purpose.) The voters who handed in their ballots during the breakdown were assured that everything was safe (placed in an auxiliary bin in the original machine) and the votes would be entered into the new machine as soon as possible.

One of the poll workers told my wife it had been busy all day with hardly a letup.

I saw Catherine Johnson outside the Senior Center voting station (William Street) at 11:30 a.m. While she was there handing out cards and reminding voters of her platform, she told me it had been fairly busy. I counted a dozen-or-so Wesleyan students in the few minutes I was there Catherine was a bit miffed that she was not able to advertise in the Argus - she was allowed to mail campaign cards to students.

No comments: