Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Letter to the Eye by Jon Pulino (R) for Treasurer



Disclaimer: Commentary below is a letter written to the Eye and authored by Jon Pulino, who is a Republican candidate running for Treasurer. It is his opinion only, not necessarily the opinion of the poster of this letter, or any other members of the Middletown Eye Blog. Opinions, and claims discussed are the sole responsibility of Jon Pulino.
--------------------------
Dear People,
I am a member of the Middletown Republican Town Committee. Did that scare you? Unlike the members of the Democrat Town Committee, I say and do what I want when I want. I have never been told what to say on public access television by any member of the organization. I don't always follow the so-called national Republican agenda, but I have always said what I wanted on my political satire program, “The Edge,” which airs live the fourth Tuesday on Comcast channel 15. I also appear on Billy Wilson's “The Variety Show” another live show that airs the 1st Friday of every month on channel 15/Comcast. Our shows unlike the Dem programs, which don't even take phone calls, encourage the opposition to call or appear on the show and vocalize their opinions; sadly The Middletown Press, once a great paper under the Duetch Brothers doesn't abide by that. According to Victoria Sundqvisgt in a response to my e-mail about not carrying any coverage of the Drew/Santangelo moderator ordeal: “Yes, we are hoping to do something on it (Drew moderator ordeal) first thing Monday. I am currently on vacation and our Middletwon Reporter left last week, so we are scrambling to get everything covered that needs to get covered- or anything at all for that matter. Tomorrow there will be someone on staff from the New Haven Register in our office to help us out.

That being said, I have constantly invited guests from the Democrats, the Green Party, The Republicans and the Realistic Balance (RB) on the program. Recently, I had on Fred Carroll, a candidate for Common Council (good for you Fred) from the RB party the same night I had on sitting Councilwoman Debbie Kleckowski- that is how television should be. In attempting to be fair -unlike The Middletown Press- I invited a few candidates from the Democrats to sit at the table and discuss the issues or anything that is happening in town, the usual response was: “Uh, Pulino, I would love to, but they might get mad at me.” I found this response quite strange from a party that supposedly prides itself on being liberal and standing up for the little people. The irony is written all over their faces, they are scared and refuse to do anything that will rock the boat within their own parties. A majority of the key MDTC members are scared of ending up like the aforementioned Ms. Kleckowski, a Planning and Zoning Commissioner that voted ala David Bauer:How she wanted on the issues despite the party line! Where did that get her? The Democrats tossed her off the ticket and felt that Debbie should spend more time with her children. Ms. Kleckowski thus became a Republican and was elected as to the common council a few months later. Bravo! Ms. Kleckowski isn't the only Dem that was removed for improper behavior over the year. Don't take it from me do you own homework on that one, but ask yourself who stands to gain if Drew and Dems take full power?

To Digress: Lay off Robin Goss unless your put your money where your mouth is and reveal to the public who you are. One of the posters stated: “Seems she just came on the scene within the last year and now is everywhere.” If one changes the pronoun she to he you end up with Dan Drew.

If anybody has an issue with what I wrote or what I have to say you have three options: A) Appear on my public access show in a few weeks. B) Go to my Facebook Page - Jon For Treasurer 2011 or C) Call me on my cell phone at 860-301-2307.

Jonathan Pulino
Republican Candidate for City Treasurer






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good letter Jon!