- Poor Old Shine is playing for free on Main Street. The band is composed of current and former UConn students, they play Appalachian Folk-rock music influenced by The Band, Pete Seeger, John Prine, and Woody Guthrie. The concert is at the finish line of the Citizen's Bank 5k fun run.
- The Citizens Bank 5K Summer Fun Run begins at 6:30PM. The entry fee is $28, there's a kid's fun run for $8.
- The North End Gallery Walk is free, from 5 to 8PM.
The Highland Rovers are playing a free concert at Wadsworth Mansion. The grounds open for picnic dinners at 5:30, concert begins at 6:30.This concert has been rescheduled because of the weather forecast.
- Shakespeare Everywhere! is performing just before the Highland Rovers concert. Come early and see Romeo and Juliet performed like you have never seen before.
- Municipal Meetings. As if all that weren't enough, according to the city's web site, there are regularly scheduled meetings of the Citizens Advisory Committee (5:00PM, Rm 208) and the Middletown High School Locker Room Building committee (7PM, Board of Ed).
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Can't Say There's Nothing To Do Tonight!
What an evening for events in our city!