Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ed's Beer


Eli Cannon's would have been crowded tonight even without our crew of Middletown Eye readers (and writers) -- but thanks to all who came out to celebrate Hopsichord, a noble beer with a claim to Middletown (I heard a comparison to Magic Hat and general accolades -- but I'd like to open the comments for beer reviews -- I know Ed would love that.)

It was a rolling crowd tonight - the Mayor was there on the early side, I stopped by after the parking meeting adjourned. For a while, there were separate tables for the North End and the central Downtown, with Westfield over on the other side of the room. But eventually, we all crowded around one table to say: Cheers to Ed!

3 comments:

Middletown Eye (Ed McKeon) said...

I'm still there.

Vijay Pinch said...

Very tasty. I liked the way it got heavier as the keg drained down. Congratulations Ed! Now go home and get some sleep.

Brian Stewart said...

I'm heartbroken I couldn't attend. Do it again, Ed!