Daniel Ostrow, Chairman of the Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce Central Business Bureau, announced Holiday On Main Street will conclude on Saturday, December 15, 2012 from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in downtown Middletown. There will be family-oriented events throughout the day including free hayrides along Main Street and an ornament decorating workshop.
The schedule of events for Saturday, December 15, 2012 is as follows:
- 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. - The Exchange Club of Middletown will be staffing the POPCORN & HOT PRETZELS stand in front of the Chamber - stop by to meet them! Also HOLIDAY MUSIC played by Harvest Woods Audio
- 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. - The HOLIDAY BUS, courtesy of Middletown Area Transit, will provide FREE RIDES around the Downtown! Catch the bus in front of the Church of the Holy Trinity (381 Main St) and travel around to do holiday shopping and attend events!
- 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. - There will be FREE HAYRIDES, courtesy of Kidcity Chlldren’s Museum, Oddfellows Playhouse and Middlesex YMCA and SANTA!
- Webster Bank is sponsoring a “GIVING TREE” to benefit Middletown Park & Recreation’s Holiday Program, which provides presents for disadvantaged children. Take an ornament off the Giving Tree, buy a suggested gift and return it with the ornament to Webster Bank during the week or to the Middlesex Chamber during Holiday On Main Street on Saturdays. All items should be new and in unopened packages (no gift wrap, please). For more information, contact Kristen Faraci at (860) 638-6930 or email@example.com.
- 10:00 a.m. - 12 noon - ORNAMENT DECORATING WORKSHOP at Green Street Arts Center (51 Green Street), courtesy of Middletown Parks & Recreation Dept. - Family members can decorate an ornament at NO CHARGE and take it home to put on the tree or use as a holiday decoration (as long as supplies last).
- 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – the ORNAMENT DECORATING WORKSHOP at The Buttonwood Tree (605 Main Street) – if you can’t make the earlier workshop, plan to decorate an ornament at this one!
- 11:00 a.m – 1:00 p.m. – BOUNCE HOUSE at Middlesex YMCA - A Total Jump Inflatables will have a Bounce House in the gymnasium of the YMCA – there is no fee! For more information, call (860) 347-6907
- 11:30 a.m. - 12 noon - HOLIDAY STORY TIME – CURIOUS GEORGE will be at Broad Street Books (45 Broad St), where Santa will read stories. At the end of the reading, there will be books for sale and a “Book Signing” by Curious George, sponsored by Broad Street Books, Middletown. Bring your camera!
- 7:30 p.m. – A CIVIL WAR CHRISTMAS: AN AMERICAN MUSICAL CELEBRATION at Oddfellows Playhouse (128 Washington St). The play, which received its world premiere at Long Wharf Theatre in 2008, tells the story of a Christmas Eve in Washington, D.C. in 1864. Author Paula Vogel weaves together historical fact with humanizing detail and inventive fiction to explore the celebration of Christmas and our nation during wartime. For more information, go to www.oddfellows.org or call 860- 347-6143.
Middletown's 27th Annual Holiday on Main Street is sponsored by: City of Middletown, Pratt & Whitney, Middletown Downtown Business District, Apple Rehab Middletown, Eli Cannon’s Tap Room, Greco Design, Kidcity Children’s Museum, Liberty Bank, Malloves Jewelers, Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce, Middlesex YMCA, Middletown Area Transit, Oddfellows Playhouse, One MacDonough Place, Rag & Bone, Russell Library, St. Vincent dePaul Middletown, and Webster Bank.
For more information on 2012 Middletown Holiday on Main Street, please contact Cathy Duncan at 860-347-6924 or go to www.middlesexchamber.com