Auditions are taking place this week at Oddfellows Playhouse on Tuesday September 18 and Wednesday September 19 from 7:00-9:00pm for the Oddfellows' Teen Repertory Company (Grades 9-12). Update: A Civil War Christmas is a multi-generational production - so actors of all ages and ethnicities are encouraged to come out Tuesday and Wednesday to audition specifically for that show.
For auditioning students:
1. Students must be able to attend rehearsals on either Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs beginning the week of September 24.
2. Students should arrive on time and plan to stay for the entire evening.
3. Dress to move.
4. Be prepared to read from the script with others, improvise and have fun!
5. There is no cost to audition.
The Teen Rep will begin with a “historical” piece by John Heimbuch, William Shakespeare’s Land of the Dead: A True Account of the Zombie Plague of 1599, takes the stage from November 9-17 at 7:30pm. This play from the NY Fringe Festival takes place backstage on the opening night of Shakespeare’s Henry V. Dealing with drama behind the scenes becomes more complicated when an afflicted madman enters the Globe and attacks. As the affliction spreads through London, the Globe is placed in quarantine and the survivors within must fight for their lives. This production is being produced by the generous support of Beverley and Tony Bellisio.
Oddfellows Playhouse Youth Theater and Connecticut Heritage Productions are joining creative forces this holiday season with a co-production of A Civil War Christmas: An American Musical Celebration by the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Paula Vogel. The play will perform at Oddfellows Playhouse from December 6-15 at 7:30pm. A Civil War Christmas received its world premiere at Long Wharf Theatre in New Haven in 2008. The play is by Paula Vogel, with music by Daryl Waters.
There are also auditions on Wednesday September 19 from 6:30-8:30pm and
Friday September 21from 4-6pm for the ARTFARM/Oddfellows Playhouse
circus group - Circophony: A Youth Circus Roadshow for students ages 12 and up.
CIRCOPHONY: A Youth Circus Roadshow
Auditions: Wed., 9/19, 6:30 – 8:30 pm or Friday, 9/21, 4 – 6 pm.
Rehearsals will be Mondays and Wednesdays, 6:15 – 8:45 pm beginning October 1. (No rehearsal Nov. 21. Last pre-Christmas rehearsal Wed., 12/19; January rehearsals M & W 1/7 & 9 plus Jan. 14 – 17)
(Additional rehearsals December 29 & 30 for Middnight on Main performances December 31.)
Show premieres January 18 & 19 at Oddfellows Playhouse.
Tour availability January through June.
To prepare for the audition:
1. Contact ARTFARM (860.346.4390 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to register for one of the two audition dates.
2. Arrive on time and plan on staying for the entire two hours.
3. Prepare a one minute solo showcasing your best skills.
4. Dress to move.
5. Be prepared to dance, improvise, work hard, play nicely with others and have fun.