Saturday, June 20, 2009

CT Parkinson's Working Group




I drove by these signs and decided to find out more. I was unable to determine any specific topic of today's meeting on Wesleyan's campus. I did find CPWG online at http://cpwg2000.org/ where I learned that the group holds regular meetings of their membership here in Middletown. The site states that CPWG "is a group of people, mostly from Connecticut, who have Parkinson’s disease (PD) or who have a reason to be interested in PD, who gather to share ideas, concerns and experiences and to work toward goals best undertaken by people with PD (PWP) and their loved ones and friends." They also have weekly dance classes at Connecticut College and their website says that people with Parkinson's find great benefits from pursuing dance. Now I can say that I learned something new today.

No comments: