Saturday, October 29, 2011

Candidate Profile: BOE Candidate Callie Grippo (R)

The below information is a part of the Eye's Elections 2011 series to provide information to voting citizens and does not represent any endorsement by the Middletown Eye or any of its authors.

My name is Callie Grippo, I am running as a Republican candidate for The Middletown Board of Education. I live in Middletown with my family and have an incredible love and devotion to this community and it's people, especially it's children and I want to see that our city's schoolchildren are again made the focus of our school system.

I think it's important to remember that our kids are our future -- our future business owners, teachers, city workers and parents of Middletown. Without the proper resources, which requires setting the right priorities at the Board of Ed level, how can we really expect the classrooms to our teachers, and ultimately our students, to be successful?

Any successful strategy to educate our kids and prepare them for a successful career begins and ends with our teachers. Our kids intuitively know that and expect our school system to treat them as full partners in shaping policy and appropriating limited resources. To be frank, I believe that our Board of Ed needs to be more viable, direct lines of communication with the professionals who work day in and day out with the students.

Simply put, I am committed to doing my part to help ensure that new, reenergized thinking with an improved sense of priorities is brought to bear at our Board of Education. Part and parcel to that effort is new leadership, and I pledge to you that I will help ensure that we also make changes in that area.

As a kid, I was blessed with parents that taught me strong values such as treat people the way you want to be treated; root for the underdog; help your neighbor; treat people with respect; respect authority; and there is no "I" in Team. If you share those values with me, I ask for your vote on November 8. Thank you!

My Background:

I am an accomplished and highly experienced professional with demonstrated ability to achieve objectives and produce results. I have a track record of success in insurance/risk management fields as well as extensive background in litigation, marketing and public relations.

I have key experience working successfully for more than 17 years with several recognized insurance industry leaders. I worked in a high-level capacity brokering settlements, protecting assets, and conducting long-range risk planning. I effectively managed the most complex, high-exposure asbestos and silica premises operations and products claims, including multi-plaintiff/class action suits and assured optimal resolution of high-profile cases involving numerous defendants and plaintiffs and with exposure ranging into the multi-millions of dollars. These settlements preserved assets, mitigated expenses, forecast/prescribed reserves, contributed to departmental savings, preserving capital through settlements below reserve funds.

I was selected from pool of over 100 candidates to serve on a Corporate Business Resolution Team. During that time, I helped initiate and incorporate visible and effective diversity and inclusion training.

I am an accomplished speaker;

Speaker, The Columbus Bar Association (“Pre-Suit Mediation”)

Speaker, Professional Education Systems, Inc. (“Evaluating/Settling Insurance Claims —The Insurance Companies’ Perspective”)

I have won numerous awards for my original speech writings and deliveries.

I sat on The Hartford Toastmasters Club Board of Directors for 3 years (CTM designation)

I was selected to mentor/teach Hartford Magnet students on speech writing and delivery and office and professional decorum.

While at home raising my child before school age, I established a highly successful production company that enabled me to develop and tap key production and marketing skills During that time, I designed, developed and managed 12-full scale productions and was selected as Connecticut's Most Prestigious Productions 2 years in a row.

I enjoy boating with my family, golfing, and spending time with my friends.I am also an active Volunteer in my children's schools and multiple charities throughout Connecticut.

http://middletownctgop.com/

No comments: