Friday, October 15, 2010

Alycia McClain Comments On Bullied Daughter

COMMENTARY: Sent to the Middletown Eye by Alycia McCain

I'm the mother of the child in question.

My daughter is a bright well-mannered, quiet, shy, beautiful girl with the biggest heart ever. She's always going out of her way to do the littlest things to make others smile.  For this to still be happening is so sad to me.

This whole thing started over a hair style the bully had the first week of school.   After the holiday when the kids came back, without knowing, I had the same hair style put in my daughters hair.  That's what started all of this - yes, a hair style.

It's been non stop ever since.  Yes my daughter might be scared and has no voice, due to fear, but I do! The people who are supposed to be protecting my child when she walks out that door for school have FAILED my child BIG TIME!

I'm not moving.   I'm not changing her school, she'll ride the same bus.   I'm going to continue to do what I have to until this stops!  Right now were dealing with kids who have no respect at all, and we all know that starts at home.


I've met the mom of the girl who's bulling my daughter, and she says, "My daughter hasn't done anything to your daughter."  Okay LADY!

Why did I even bother trying to talk to the mother?  As a mother I'm not going to stoop down to her level.   She knows what her daughter's all about.  She's very aware that her daughter's already on probation.   Come on now.   Trust me there's a reason why the school hasn't seen the parent.

I will continue with my paper trail.   I'll continue to try and reassure my daughter that this too shall pass, but right now it's sad that I can't even promise her that.

I guess we'll just have to see next week when the bully returns to the bus.   THIS HAS TO STOP! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. My kids are in elementary school and I'm ready to put my house up for sale and leave. The taser situation- the fight between the mayor and BoE, and this.When are we as a community going to take care of our children ? When are we going to focus on giving them a quality education in a safe learning environment?

Anonymous said...

Its all about accountability and trasparancy. The BoE hides behind a state statue that gives them the authority to spend tax funds and establish programs without accoutability to the tax payer. Why doesn't the "supertendent" meet with the tax payers without the BoE present
to adress tax payer concerns Or is he chicken?

Gramps

Alexa McClain said...

..."and the beat goes on"....
Yes, it's now the END of October and the bullying has not stopped!

My Granddaughter does NOT deserve this... the name calling, sneers, intimidation on and off the bus and then being followed home after school by the bully and her bull-ettes. It's not only sickening, it's truly heartbreaking.

Anderson Cooper 360 was right:
Bullying - No Escape ...
Not here in Middletown it seems.
SHAME ON YOU, I say to the BOE!