Saturday, September 18, 2010

Local Pols Tackle Fire Opps 101

At the invitation of the Middletown Fire Department, five local municipal figures, Mayor Sebastian Giuliano, Representative Matt Lesser, Common Council member Bob Santangelo, Common Council member Deb Kleckowski and City Personnel Director Deborah Milardo, took part in basic fire trainings skills Saturday morning,

Under the watchful eye of Battalion Chief, and incident commander Steve LaRosa, the four, along with Middletown Press reporter Hillary Federico, and fire department partners, the non-firefighters experienced a simulated fire, and the need to search, rescue and put down fires.

The group was also scheduled to undergo training in extracting accident victims and aiding a heart attach victim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a great opportunity. Thanks to all who worked to bring Fire Opps 101 to Middletown. I learned much. And, a special thanks to firefighter Brian France who was my shadow-you were great, patient and polite. I know you may not believe this, I think I'd do it again. To all the firefighters-you do fabulous work under incredibly stressful conditions. I salute you all for your public service!
Thanks for introducing me to just a piece of what you encounter in the course of your profession!

And, thanks for being so nice to my chidren. They had a blast!

Be safe out there!
Councilwoman Kleckowski