Photo by Ben Jordan shows Brian Jennings and Marcella Trowbridge in rehearsal as Benedick and Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing. The show opens July 18 -- you can help make that happen this weekend!
ARTFARM's Shakespeare in the Grove production of Much Ado About Nothing opens just six weeks from today, and there are several ways that you can get involved right now.
1. HELP BUILD THE SET: Our set designer and technical director will begin transforming the Grove at Middlesex Community College into 1600's Sicily this weekend, and they could really use some help!!
**If you are an experienced carpenter or handy-type person, they could use your help any time between 9 am and 5 pm Saturday or Sunday. Even an hour or two of skilled help can make a big difference! Please let us know if you are planning to come by calling (860) 346-4390.
**If you are not an experienced builder, but would still like to help, we have two COMMUNITY TECH DAYS scheduled in which any one can help build, paint, lift, etc. The two days are THIS SATURDAY, JUNE 8, 2 - 5 pm and NEXT SATURDAY, JUNE 15, 2 - 5 pm in the Grove at MxCC. Experience is not necessary, but any minors must be accompanied by an adult. Dress to get a little messy, and bring work gloves if you have them. We can generally find an appropriate job for anyone, regardless of your skills, strength, or lack thereof.
PLEASE COME HELP! It will be fun!
2. THE SHAKESPEARE SERIES: Last Chance to sign up for Much Ado About Something: The Shakespeare Series. This is a three part class series offered through the Continuing Education program at MxCC. Led by ARTFARM, the classes are designed to help anyone to better understand and appreciate the play and the production. Classes are the next three Saturday mornings, 10 am to noon. For more info link to MXCC Continuing Education.
3. OPEN REHEARSALS: For anyone who might be interested in seeing how ARTFARM's outdoor Shakespeare is made, we are having two OPEN REHEARSALS over the next few weeks. Anyone is invited to come watch the director and choreographer at work with the cast. The two Open Rehearsals will be held WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19, 6 - 8 PM and TUESDAY, JULY 2, 6 - 8 PM in the Grove at MxCC. Join us!
4. OTHER OPPORTUNITIES: We are currently offering the opportunity to ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS in the Much Ado About Nothing playbill. This is a great way to reach our diverse and sophisticated audience of up to 3000 people, and ads are very affordable (from $75 to $350). Deadline for playbill ads is JULY 1. Contact us at email@example.com if you are interested.
5. FIND IT ALL ON OUR WEBSITE: WWW.ART-FARM.ORG, which now has a FABULOUS NEW LOOK! Go take a peek, and return often for regular updates! We also encourage you to LIKE the ARTFARM PAGE on Facebook!
Thanks so much,
Dic, Marcella, Linda & Kayla in the Office, our 19 actors, 3 musicians, 8 designers, and the backstage crew and front of house volunteers for Shakespeare in the Grove 2013.
Shakespeare in the Grove 2013 is the culmination of "Shakespeare on Campus", a 6 month partnership with Middlesex Community College. These programs are made possible by generous grants from the Connecticut Office of the Arts, the Middletown Commission on the Arts, Pratt & Whitney and support form Slammers and Sponsors at our recent Shakespeare Slam.