Thursday, August 9, 2018

Opinion: Democrats, Vote for Mary Abrams

The following opinion was submitted by Lisa Loomis.
-----------------
Dear Local Democrats,

I’m writing to encourage registered Democrats in the 13th State Senate district, which includes the South Farms and Wesleyan Hills portions of Middletown as well as parts of Meriden and Cheshire, to vote for Mary Abrams in the primary this Tuesday August 14th.

Mary is not your typical aspiring or career politician. In addition to being a mother and a grandmother, she worked as a special education teacher for 25 years and then in school administration for another 10. First, I appreciate the work ethic and dedication that shows. Second, I appreciate that she can bring firsthand knowledge of the needs of the middle class worker, women, parents, children, and retired folks to the state senate. Third, I know that her experience as Director of Education and Assistant Principal will help her work with the variety of stakeholders she’ll encounter in the senate.

Most importantly to me, Mary is running for office not to feed her ego, but out of a desire to serve the community in which she was raised and in which she raised her children. I hope if you will visit AbramsforStateSenate.com to learn about where she stands on the issues, and then I hope you’ll vote Abrams this Tuesday.

Sincerely,

Lisa Loomis

No comments: