This year's Motorcycle Mania is over, having seen more than 7,000 bikes and over 12,500 spectators fill our downtown area for what has become the largest one day summer motorcycle event in New England.
Photos of the event are HERE.
Chamber President Larry McHugh noted, “The 13th Annual Middletown Motorcycle Mania was a huge success. I want to thank our sponsors, our vendors, City of Middletown personnel, especially the police, fire, public works, Mayor Drew, The Common Council and everyone who came out to support the event. Finally, I want to express my sincere appreciation to Event Chairman Rich Greco and our over 100 volunteers for their unbelievable support of Motorcycle Mania. This event gets bigger every year, and we are proud that its proceeds go to support Middletown youth programs. We are already looking forward to next year.”
The show bikes that were entered for awards were impressive, and the following motorcycle owners from our city won awards:
- Joe Crescimanno for his 1978 Triumph Bonneville 750, Best Vintage British Bike Award – presented by Hunter’s Ambulance & Hunter Limousines
- Tony Schiavone for his 2007 Harley Davidson Ultra, The Haymond Law Award – presented by Haymond Law Office
- Gary Roegiers for his 2009 Custom Prostreet, Dimitri Moore Memorial Award - presented by Eli Cannon’s
- Bob Vincent for his 1997 Harley Davidson Heritage Springer FLSTS, The Gengras Elite Award – presented by Gengras Motorcycles
- John LaRosa for his 2005 Harley Softail, The DBD Farkle Award – presented by Downtown Business District
For more photos of the event, SEE HERE.