Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Fuzzy Issue of this Election

Submitted by Brian E. Clark, write-in candidate for mayor.
------------
Typically, I am, and run, a negative, attack based, edgy campaign. Even though that all remains true, and it all can be backed up with numerous documents. That time is over. We have entered what I like to call the “sweet spot” of an election campaign, where we, as candidates, have done our very best to get our perspectives out there, and while we will not stop campaigning until 7:59pm on November 3rd, there’s just a different feel to it all. You can bet I’m not done, but I’m done attacking and being negative. I want to talk to people and see what I can do better as a Mayor and human being, for the residents of Middletown.

That all said, it’s time to be a tad light hearted, and put my money where my mouth is. I have ultimate confidence in that Sandra Russo- Driska, or myself, can absolutely beat Dan Drew outright. It’s not even a question in my mind for a nano-second . Sandra Russo- Driska, or Brian E. Clark will be the Mayor of the City of Middletown come November 10, 2015. What do I have to put up, to back that claim up? Well, that’s where it gets a bit hairy.

When I was in the Fire Service, we all have to be completely clean shaven, at all times, for our Air- Pack Masks to properly seal to our faces, and keep out smoke and toxins. After 9/11/2001, my heart just wasn’t in it anymore, and in December 2001, I retired for good, and went on to be a CDL Truck Driver. It was the first time in my life I was able to grow a beard! I’ve had my beard, in all varying degrees, ever since. Almost 15 years now. My Daughter has never seen me without it. So you may be asking, what the hell does this have to do with anything? I’ll tell you.

When I was in the Fire Service, we all have to be completely clean shaven, at all times, for our Air- Pack Masks to properly seal to our faces, and keep out smoke and toxins. After 9/11/2001, my heart just wasn’t in it anymore, and in December 2001, I retired for good, and went on to be a CDL Truck Driver. It was the first time in my life I was able to grow a beard! I’ve had my beard, in all varying degrees, ever since. Almost 15 years now. My Daughter has never seen me without it. So you may be asking, what the hell does this have to do with anything? I’ll tell you.

I am so confident that Sandra- Russo Driska, or Myself, Brian E. Clark will be victorious over Dan Drew on November 3rd, that I’m putting my beard on the line. That’s right. If Dan Drew somehow happens to win this election, I will completely shave my beard off, down to bear skin. Not a huge prize to throw down, but I challenge anyone else on the opposing side, that if you have facial hair you have had for a long time, and you believe so much in Dan Drew, I challenge you to put it up on the shaving block. Pictures can be posted later. It’s a fun and goofy idea. After all the stress this campaign has created, it’s time to have some fun.

My Name is Brian E. Clark, and I approve this Message! (And Hope to God to keep my Beard)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Sandra loses it will be (in no small part) due to you alligning yourself with, and endorsing her.
You are not helping her win, quite the contrary actually.

You should shut your mouth.

Unknown said...

Sandra Russo-Driska will win this election, or I will. Sir, the time for negativity is over, and I invite you to be positive, and join either one of us in helping to spread any of our messages. Thank you, sir. I hope you have a great day!