Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Opinion: How And Why To Write In Hope Kasper For Council

write-in instructions
Click image to enlarge.
How to fill out a ballot to cast a write-in vote for Hope Kasper.
Submitted by Hope Kasper.
------------
It's official I, Hope P. Kasper, am an official Write In Candidate for Common Council in the upcoming November 3, 2015 election.  I am hearing that most people have not voted Write In Candidate and they are not sure how that is done.

Now that we have ballots to fill in the bubbles next to the name of our choice , it is much simpler to vote Write In Candidate. On line D under Common Council, box D2 write my name, Hope P. Kasper, and fill in the bubble.  It is that simple.

I have served four terms on the common council a total of eight years.  In my service to the City of Middletown as a Council Member I have been on the Finance and Government Operations Commission co-chairing the budget that lead to reduction in taxes in a number of the eight years I served.  I also served on the Insurance and Claims Commission and requested bids on the City's insurance needs that lead to a $3,000,000. savings on health care costs.  By the way that is a one mill tax savings. Public Safety Commission and Water Pollution Control Authority were also my Commissions.

The one I am most proud of is the Retirement Board that I have served on since 1988, in many different capacities, in which the employees and retirees have a fully funded plan that is one of the best in the State of Connecticut and the country.

I am requesting your vote and support so that I may continue to serve the City of Middletown and make it the best it can be.

Once more please,  that is line D2, write Hope P. Kasper and fill in the bubble.

Respectfully,

Councilwoman Hope P. Kasper

No comments: