Monday, August 19, 2019

Opinion: Florsheim Brings Honesty and Integrity

Submitted by Bobbye Knoll Peterson, an endorsed Democratic candidate for Common Council.
------------
The question was recently raised why I, as the Vice Chair of the Democratic Town Committee and an endorsed candidate for Common Council on Row A, am supporting Ben Florsheim and have chosen to work for his campaign. I welcome the opportunity to answer that question.

The simple answer is that I believe in Ben, I share his vision for Middletown, and have no doubt in
his ability to continue to move the city that I love in a positive direction.

The longer answer is that nearly two years ago I made a commitment to members of the Democratic Party in Middletown that I would work for change as the party’s new Vice Chair. I have worked to fulfill that commitment by helping elect progressive candidates with shared values. I am proud of the work that I did to elect Mary Abrams as Middletown’s new state senator, and am equally proud of the work that I am doing on Ben’s campaign.

Ben has shown honesty and integrity that is rare in those who aspire to elected office. I have seen Ben put thought and time into the conversations he has with everyone he comes into contact with, Middletown voter or not. I am confident that Ben will use the experience that he has acquired over the last five years working for Chris Murphy to move Middletown forward.

I have no doubt that as Mayor Ben will be accessible to all of his constituents. I also believe Ben has the skills and temperament to address issues in city government that have been allowed to fester for far too long.

These are all qualities that I want in the next Mayor of my city, and I am willing to put my time and energy into seeing the person who embodies them elected.

No comments: