Submitted by the Wesleyan Institute for Lifelong Learning (WILL)
Enrollment is now open for Fall 2014 courses.
The Saturday Institute - Epidemics: Past and Present
We will discuss how epidemics affected communities like Middletown as well as the nation as a whole. And we will address the question: Are we prepared for the next pandemic? The day will end with a bus tour to local places associated with epidemics and will feature stories of Middletown victims and the doctors and nurses who fought to save them.
Saturday, November 1, 2014, 9:15 am-3pm, Allbritton Center, Room 311 | $110
In addition to the full-day course, several short courses are also being offered. These courses meet on the campus of Wesleyan University in Middletown. Classes are scheduled in the afternoon and early evenings. Parking is available and classrooms are accessible.
· Crime And Punishment: A Mystery Tour
· Exploring The Challenges Of Personal Finance
· Henri Matisse: From Fauve To Modernist Art
· “Painting For The People”: Lithography In France In The 19th Century
· Hyphenated Americans: Contemporary Stories Of Lives Lived Between Two Cultures
· All About Food: Healthy Cooking
· Keeping Your Nerve: A Fiction-Writing Workshop
· Travel With A Geologist; Pluto’s Realm, Poseidon’s Trench, And Apollo’s Temple
The Institute was chartered by Wesleyan University in 2009 to provide educational opportunities to members of the community outside of formal degree-granting programs. Space is limited. For more information or to register for a class, please visit www.wesleyan.edu/will or call (860) 685-2273.