Friday, March 2, 2012

New Dance Class at Vinnie's!



Hey Everyone!
I'm thrilled to announce that I'll be teaching a beginning blues dance class at Vinnie's starting Monday, March 5!

It's a four week series running 8:30-9:30pm every Monday in March. I'm really excited to have a chance to give back to the community that got me started dancing, and I hope you'll come down and give it a try!

The back story:
Six years ago, I got my start swing and blues dancing right here in Middletown at Vinnie's Jump and Jive. Dancing at Vinnie's introduced me to a new way of moving my body and having a great time, and I met so many wonderful people through dance. I was totally hooked. I've done a lot of dancing since then, and in the last couple of years I've gotten really excited about teaching dance. I've had the privilege of doing some teaching in New Haven through Yale Swing and Blues, as well as at a couple of regional dance camps.

What's blues dancing?
Check it out here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t9qSvkOiUC8

Blues dancing originated around the same time as Lindy Hop and represents the slower, smoother side of swing dancing. In this class series, we'll start with the basic building blocks of moving with a partner, add some key techniques for partner connection, sprinkle in a few uber smooth blues moves, and stir it up to create a delicious blues stew. All levels of dance experience welcome!

What: Beginning Blues Dancing - no partner or experience needed!

When: Mondays 8:30-9:30pm, March 5, 12, 19, 26

Where: Vinnie's Jump and Jive
424 Main Street, Middletown, CT

Cost: $12, or $40 for the 4-week session
$10 for students, and $35 for the 4-week session

Instructor: Josh Van Vliet

More info:www.vinniesjumpandjive.com/swing.php
or email Josh at
jbvanvliet@gmail.com




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your first pic is awesome !!!!!!!!!