Thursday, May 20, 2010

Something Borrowed, Something Blue

As the phrase goes, "Something old, something new..." No, I've been married a long time, and this time I'm talking about my mailbox. We've lived in our house just over 7 years now, and I'm on my second mailbox post, with significant plans for a third. Thanks to the speed and efficiency of the snowplow that clears my street each winter, my mailbox just can't take it more than about 3 winters or so.


I've had my new mailbox picked out since last fall (when my husband gently reminded me that I did NOT want to put in a new one before winter), and I was very excited to pull out my saved catalog page. However, I happened to notice a small visitor right as I was about to place my order, and I'm happy to say that my neighbors are just going to have to live with the old, dented, paint-peeling, snow-plowed mailbox for a little bit longer...





No comments: