Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Candidate Profile: Board of Assessment Appeals - William Wilson


William Wilson (R)

Candidate for Board of Assessment Appeals

Background

I was born and raised in Middletown and have lived here my entire life.

I go to Fellowship church and have been a member there for over 30 years now

I went to Middletown public schools and went to the University of Connecticut.

My father was a truck driver for a number of years for the state and my mom worked at Middlesex Hospital in nursing

I work for myself as I run two sports websites and I also do video production.

Experience

I was on the Personal Appeals Board for the City of Middletown from 1995-1999 when it was disbanded

I have been on the Cable Advisory Board since 1996-present

I was elected to the Planning and Zoning Commission from 2001-2005 and decided not to run again due to illness in my family.

I bring knowledge of being on P&Z which will help me in board of assessment appeals with my insight to property in Middletown.

Qualifications for position

My experience in planning and zoning will help me in board of assessment appeals and my compassion with the needs of people during this difficult time. Plus I know how it feels to be in a difficult position as my wife lost her job last year and was out of work for nine months. It made me realize how difficult it was without both of our incomes. I feel it humbled me which is a good character builder.

Reasons for running

I want to serve the people of Middletown again and feel this is a good way to do that.

Goals

To be compassionate for those who are truly in need.

To be fair to all who come before the board and give them all the respect they deserve.


No comments: