Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Eye on Anniversaries

As we all celebrate the one year anniversary Eye, I am celebrating a personal anniversary of ten years of living in Middletown. It’s the longest time I have lived anywhere. Here are a few of the reasons I chose to come here and why I continue to stay here:

It’s a little city and a little country all at once.
I don’t have to drive everywhere.
Neighbors look out for each other.
I have been delightfully surprised many times throughout the years seeing kids practice their juggling skills at random places and times.
I met my husband here through community ties.
There is incredible diversity of people and places here.
I learn new things about Middletown all the time – thanks in part lately to the EYE! I am happy to be a contributor and I thank Ed for his creation.

No comments: