Thursday, November 17, 2011

Eye Eat

Like it or not, Middletown is a restaurant town. And as its hometown blog, the Middletown Eye - for a while - had a lively restaurant review column called The Weekly Eater. Although I cringed at the occasional battles in the comments (it was just an opinion folks!) it was fun to see how the Eater would evaluate our varied dining establishments. But I guess the snark got to her/him/hir, because the Weekly Eater meekly retired. What a shame.

Weekly Eater, if you're reading, we'd love to have you back. Or if there's someone out there who wants to try their hand at a little opining, drop me an email at mieyejen@gmail.com and I'll get you an interview. Kidding. If you want the job, it's yours!

Here's a tip, if you're not sure where to start:

There's a new joint on Main Street between Ferry & Green that has caused at least one downtown resident to exclaim "I am never eating anywhere else, ever." Why not pay them a visit and then tell us all about it?!

2 comments:

cybermom said...

What is the name of the joint?

Jen Alexander said...

C'mon Cybermom! Where's your sense of adventure!

Actually I was just trying to save the breaking story for the/a new writer....but I'll give you a hint. It used to be Mexican.