Monday, September 10, 2018

Yoga with Sybil -- Bodywork -- Fit & Flexible


Fun Fact:  Even Tom Brady (yes, that Tom Brady) does yoga. 
Inquiring minds want to know: Men do not wear tights to do yoga.

  Sybil Leads 
"Fit and Flexible" Yoga Class
at Vinnie's on Main Street, Starting September 18th

    Of all my yoga teachers of the past 35 years, Sybil stands out. She knows the human body. She knows the mechanics of movement and knows (by heart) various techniques. She writes
      My approach is therapeutic in nature....  I seem to be specializing in people with injuries, recovering from surgery, and those with chronic pain [aches or stiffness] or otherwise need a specific [kind of attention]. I incorporate somatic work and some Feldenkrais movements into my classes.
...   I’ve been teaching since 2010, when I started a weekly chair yoga class at the Newport Senior Center.  Since then, I’ve led workshops, worked with private clients and taught a wide variety of classes in Oregon, and now in my home state of Connecticut.  You can look on my website at my bio too. www.yogawithsybil.com.
 
     Sybil also teaches at certain State Correctional Facilities around Connecticut, an assignment that speaks for itself. 

 Competition in yoga and bodywork classes is keen these days, as we are all in need of therapeutic movement. There are many classes to choose from, even within Middletown City Limits. But Sybil's knowledge and approach stand out. Her Fit and Flexible class is intended for those 50 and older, but it's open to anyone who is interested. It would be a good introduction to yoga, as well as a continuation or a change from other classes. All yoga classes are not the same.

   So, if you are the least bit stiff, tired, achy, or just want to try something new, please give Sybil's class a try. It's mostly floor work--which means that you'll workout mostly on the floor. But it's informed floor work. Sybil's floor-work-out will challenge you without your even knowing it.  And you will surely feel better for it tomorrow (not worse).  It's all about the breath.

 
Sybil

No comments: