Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sue Wesoloski, Democratic Candidate for Board of Ed Bio

EDITOR'S NOTE:  Sue Wesoloski is one of two candidates (Sean King is the other) who forced a primary for a place on the ballot as a Democratic candidate for Board of Education.  As a challenger, her name will be on Line B of the primary ballot.  Line A consists of candidates chosen by the Democratic Town Committee.  Wesoloski submitted more than 500 signatures to secure a place on the primary ballot.

My name is Susanne Wesoloski and I am running for the Middletown Board of Education.  My husband and I have been residents of Middletown for over 43 years.  Our three children all attended Middletown public schools. I retired from the Middletown Board of Education in 2014 after serving as an elementary teacher for 32 years.  This past year I was an interventionist at Snow Elementary.  I have taught 6th, 4th and 1st grades and for 16 years was a Reading Recovery/Language Arts Consultant/Elementary Instructional Support Teacher.

I feel I am a strong candidate because of my experience as an educator, but also as an advocate for parents.  I have given many workshops for parents in ways they can guide their children for success in school.  In addition, I have served as a Vice-President of the Middletown Federation of Teachers and was a member of the negotiation team for several contracts with the District.


I am passionate about having all students reach their academic potential and an advocate for families.  My knowledge of the curriculum, how children learn, and my understanding of Middletown Public School's vision and policies are all assets for this position.

No comments: