Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Signs of Spring

I love living in Westfield for many reasons: one of the most important is the wildlife I see on a regular basis.  My family loves to spy foxes, swans, beavers, and wild turkeys.  We especially love wild turkeys.

So imagine my surprise and delight when I encountered the fine specimen pictured below.  He is not a wild turkey - I'm pretty sure he escaped from the farm near where I was driving.  We never did see the object of his affection, but we stopped for a few minutes to admire his strutting and gobbling.

Admittedly, the weather has not felt very spring-like, but that didn't seem to bother this guy.  I know my children have been anxious to be outside in the warm spring sun, so here's to a fine Easter weekend and warmer weather just around the corner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that turkey! His girlfriend is human!