Monday, January 16, 2017

Happy Birthday, Martin--Thank you, WESU

A Balm in Gilead

The times are particularly discouraging for many of us in our nation, where our understanding of our future leadership is uncertain and our estimate of how we can possibly move forward is beyond comprehension.

So today, it is an unexpected bright spot for me to be at home in Middletown, on Martin Luther King, Jr., Day and listening to WESU. It is a privilege and a pleasure to be able to listen to WESU's extensive programming in honor of Dr. King. Stevie Wonder singing "Happy Birthday, Martin!," over and over, as backup to Saturday night's broadcast of some of Dr. King's speeches made for a joyful tribute to Dr. King and his life and times, his thoughts, his words.


A Way Forward

I admit that it's hard to have faith and hope in the future, I admit I feel adrift, vulnerable, and slightly unhinged by the events of the past few months.

But listening to Dr. King speaking, preaching, remembering, and encouraging us, I am AMAZED and exhilarated:
  If Dr. King was able to sustain his hope and faith, that gives me a feeling of hope and I won't give up.
 
Let's give it a chance. Let's hope for the best. 

No comments: