|A puppet character from The Mount Puppets' production of The Old Wives' Tale.|
Ray and Betty Mount began their company in San Francisco in the early 1950's. In 1959, they moved to Branford, Connecticut, where they continued to perform their shows throughout the northeast.
Ray adapted The Old Wives' Tale by George Peele for the puppet stage in 1962, bringing it to schools and colleges in Connecticut and other states. The puppets and properties from The Old Wives Tales as well as some of those from their 1955 production of Rapunzel will be exhibited.