Sunday, September 12, 2021

The Buttonwood Tree Hosts Art Reception Sept 12.

 The Buttonwood Tree is honored to host the artwork of New Haven resident, David Chorney for the month of September, with a RECEPTION on Sunday, Sept. 12, from 2-4 pm.



Working in both Representative and Non-Representative Abstract, and with paintings homed by private collectors throughout the country, I am constantly pushing myself into new areas of exploration. While I create art that is solely representative of something deeper within me, my hope is that it will make you pay attention, affecting you emotionally in some way. The end results are one-of-a-kind paintings that most certainly reside outside of expectations.

The title of my exhibit, “Standing On The Shoulders” is a nod to all the artists I’ve ever experienced,  learned from, viewed, and have taken the time to guide me, whether knowingly or not. I would not be where I am today without them, and everything I do as an artist, I do while standing on their shoulders.

The Buttonwood Tree Performing Arts Center
605 Main Street / PO Box 71, Middletown, CT 06457
www.buttonwood.org / 860.347.4957

No comments: