Monday, February 3, 2014

James Reardon: Candidate For Westfield Fire Commission Member

Reader submitted. The Eye publishes letters to the editor without any implication of endorsement. We welcome all signed submissions. 
 [The Westfield Fire District Annual Meeting is on Tuesday, February 4th, 8PM, in the Fire Department. All residents living with the Westfield Fire District boundaries are eligible to vote.]  
---------------- 
As Westfield residents for the past 40 + years, my wife Alice and I raised our family on Ridgewood Road and have enjoyed living in this beautiful area of Middletown. My professional qualifications as a Mechanical & Electrical Designer lead me to a career at Pratt & Whitney for 36 years where I was a Senior Facilities Engineer working on various large scale projects. In 1992 I decided to take on the challenge of going into business for myself and subcontracted for major electrical component manufactures in central Connecticut for nine years before officially retiring. Over the years I would see the Department apparatus as it whizzed by heading to calls and the members participating in drills at the station. On at least one occasion I went to watch when they responded to a large fire in the area and was impressed at how they operated as a team and watch firsthand the hard work they do. I myself found if necessary to call upon the Department for assistance when my basement flooded from run off across the street after excessive rain. I was extremely grateful for their assistance and was impressed by their professionalism and their desire to help. In 2001 a seat opened up on the Board and with time now available to me I ran for the position and have enjoyed serving a 4 year term.

The current Board members I serve with are a dedicated group of individuals that bring a wide range of experience and knowledge to the table and work hard to act in the best interest of the Department and the Westfield residents. If re-elected I look forward to working with the Board members in an effort to serve the community and support the Fire Department.

No comments: