It's a sanctuary where peace, freedom and joy prevail. It's a space that allows those who enter to leave behind the messiness of the streets, the chaos of politics, the debilitating energy of stress or the fears of lack or unworthiness. When you walk in you are enveloped in a comforting, peaceful energy that - if you allow it - will relieve you of stress, will lift your spirit and will give you time to truly unwind and reset yourself so that facing the world doesn't seem so daunting.
The Buttonwood Tree offers opportunities over and over again to improve your life's situation by presenting programs that educate, or connect you to others, or help you to increase your confidence or move you closer to your goals, all which can enrich your life with meaningful and joyful experiences.
From Friday night to Sunday afternoon there are actually 7 events happening. Two are church services on Sundays which are not presented or endorsed by The Buttonwood Tree (TBT), but they do happen there.
1. Friday 8 pm: Sky Alan with HannaH (from HannaH's Field) Medicine Music - music for the body, mind and soul. Barefoot dancing encouraged. More/ Reserve
2. Saturday, 10:30 am - Noon: Aligned with Source - Personal development workshop and guided meditation where life's issues can be discussed and insights found.
Topic this week: The Eternal Child - Why are babies so special? How do we preserve that innocence and wonder in adulthood; and should we? More / Reserve
3. Saturday, 3-5 pm: TEEN Open Mic - Open to mature youth over 12 or so, bands are welcome, drum kit available with advance notice (thanks to Middlesex Music Academy, where free student passes are available). More
4. Saturday, 8-10pm: DEBORAH DAVIS "LET'S DO IT AGAIN"
Back by popular demand, this vivacious chanteuse from Texas does not disappoint! She gets inside your heart and soul and enlivens you with her charm and dynamite vocals. Be sure to reserve your seat for this show! She's performing with Ben Rosenblum on piano and Marty Jaffey on bass.
She has sung for dignitaries at the UNITED NATIONS & U.S. EMBASSY affairs including a performance for PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON. In 2004 Deborah and her band were chosen by the U.S. State Department and the Kennedy Center in Washington DC, to represent the U.S. as Jazz Ambassadors traveling to Latin America fostering good will and presenting jazz awareness. Deborah has performed in Japan, China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Iceland, Paris, Monaco, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Lebanon, Dubai, Jamaica, Russia, Kazakhstan Dagestan, Croatia, all over Siberia, etc. The world is her playground as she continues gaining international recognition during extensive tours annually. She has performed with THE SHIRELLES, jammed with BON JOVI and BILLY JOEL, and opened for DIANA ROSS, CELINE DION, SANTANA, CHICAGO, ERIC CLAPTON, Z.Z.TOP, JILL SCOTT, ALICIA KEYS, MACY GRAY, ALANIS MORISSETTE, and more.
|Photo credit William DeKine|
Deborah has lit up the stages of well established NEW YORK jazz clubs, concert halls and festivals including BLUE NOTE, BIRDLAND, VILLAGE VANGUARD, SWEET BASIL, SMALLS, SMOKE, JAZZ STANDARD, IRIDIUM, RAINBOW ROOM, and the former TAVERN ON GREEN and WINDOWS OF THE WORLD.
Award-winning jazz pianist, composer and accordionist Ben Rosenblum has been described as “mature beyond his years,” (Jon Neudorf, Sea of Tranquility), and as an “impressive talent” (C. Michael Bailey, All About Jazz), who “caresses [the music] with the reverence it merits” (Bob Doerschuk, Downbeat Magazine).
More / Reserve (It's highly suggested to reserve seats for this show!) Discount for TBT Members.
5. Sunday, 2-4 pm: Reiki Share, also known as Reiki circle or exchange, is a gathering of Reiki believers who participate in group Reiki treatments on each other. The main purpose for the Reiki share is to give and receive Reiki in a casual atmosphere of friendship, honor, positive energy and devotion. Discount for TBT Members.
More / Reserve
The Buttonwood Tree is an all ages venue with a bookstore of used, very interesting books, an ART GALLERY and a comfortable meeting space also available for rent for parties etc.
Ample, free parking is available next door, behind It's Only Natural market M-F from 6pm on and on weekends. Join as a MEMBER to support this vital community organization. (860) 347-4957