This Saturday, September 9, is the Main Street Stroll!
It's a downtown event that showcases the businesses and organizations that make our little town great. There will be music, magic, arts, & activities for all ages.
It's all FREE.
• A community bike ride from 9 to 10 am, starting at Pedal Power.
• Have Tea & Scones with Brian O'Rourke from 2:30 to 3:30 pm in his side garden and talk about town's past, present & future
• There's a Sidewalk Parade at 12:30, making a loop starting at Holy Trinity Church. We'll be led by a brass band called The Funky Dawgz.
• If you're young (or young at heart) you can make a harmonica or decorate a hat or parasol to carry in the parade (crafts are happening at the Parade Prep HQ that we are setting up in the empty storefront at 420 Main.)
• Have you always been curious about the stained glass windows at Holy Trinity Church? They are giving tours from 10 am to 2 pm.
• Are you a musician? Bring your instrument and join the Jazz Jam with Noah Baerman, or the bluegrass and old time music jams, or sign up to play at the open mic in front of Holy Trinity. If you are a songwriter, join Jess Best for a workshop at The Buttonwood.
• Do you like to listen to music? You have SO many options. Some at the bookstore, some on the church lawn, some inside the shops around town.
You have to go to the website to see more! See you on Main Street.
(Thanks to the City of Middletown, the Downtown Business District and Wesleyan University for funding this event!)