Secretary of the State Denise Merrill will preside over the vote of Connecticut’s seven electors. A full program will be shared shortly. The entire event will be broadcast live on Connecticut Network (CT-N) and viewable at http://www.ctn.state.ct.us/.
WHEN: Monday, December 19, 2016 at 12 p.m.
WHERE: State Capitol, 210 Capitol Avenue, Senate Chambers, Hartford, CT 06106.
WHAT: The vote of the Electoral College.
WHO: Secretary of the State Denise Merrill
Connecticut’s seven electors:
- Hon. Robert D. Godfrey (Danbury)
- Barbara C. Gordon (West Hartford)
- Steven James Jones (Tolland)
- Ellen S. Nurse (Hartford)
- Edward F. Piazza (New Haven)
- Hon. Christopher Rosario (Bridgeport)
- Alderwoman Tyisha S. Walker (New Haven)
- Pledge of Allegiance by Elena Tipton, Connecticut Kid Governor (2015) & Jessica Brocksom, Connecticut Kid Governor (2016)
- National anthem by American Idol contestant and military veteran Famecia Ward
- Invocation by Dr. Mohammed Qureshi, president of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Connecticut Chapter
- Benediction by Reverend Virginia Army, rector of St. John’s Episcopal Church, Vernon
- Musical accompaniment provided by Hidden Manna and Jenna Nome
- Presentation of the colors by the Connecticut Army National Guard