Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Jennifer meet Tony




(Jennifer and Bob Alexander in the limo for their ride to the Tony's - Schilke photo)

Jennifer Alexander and her dad, Bob Alexander had VIP seats at the Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on Sunday, and tickets to the after-party. Here's here account:



Since I followed the rules (apparently I was the only one) I didn't bring a camera in or to the gala afterwards (hence no paparazzi-like photos).

There were many cool moments though -- we had great seats in the Orchestra, and Patti Lupone's Everything Coming Up Roses was like a sonic boom, and nailed my dad and me to our seats.

My personal highlight was when the kid sitting next to me (who happened to be one of the actors from the play 13 which was just at the Goodspeed) asked me what my kids names were, and I said "Tenzin...Maggie..Karma..." and he said "Oh, I know Tenzin! We're friends on
Facebook!" And he wasn't kidding. Like, maybe I should be paying more attention to what Tenzin's up to!

The In the Heights folks must have been at another party because I didn't see them at the Gala. Sigh.

Of course, I did get a Swag Bag on exit, but where the nominees got shoes and personal electronics, we got stuff like limited edition mint M&M's and gourmet cat and dog treats. Kobi is currently trying all four mini-tubes of eco-toothpaste right now.

(Tony swag bag contents photographed by Jen Alexander)

No comments: